Looking for the best middle names for Savannah? We have a list of the 50 best ideas that will help you choose your baby’s perfect name!
Naming your baby can be a difficult task. If you are sharing the task with your partner, it can take a while to find a name that you both agree on.
But even after you decide on your baby’s first name, you still have to find the perfect middle name!
You want to make sure you choose a middle name that sounds good with the first name (especially if you’re the type of parent who will say their whole name when they are in trouble!).
It’s also important to choose a name pair that doesn’t create an embarrassing set of initials!
As someone with the initials of A, S, and S – trust me on this. I just avoid monograms now.
After getting ideas from real parents in moms groups, asking friends, and getting current suggestions from online parenting communities, I’ve compiled this list of beautiful middle names that go with Savannah for your baby.
The name combinations are sorted by first listing my top picks, then other middle names for Savannah, and are in alphabetical order.
I hope you choose the perfect name for your new little one! Here are the best middle names for Savannah.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Top 10 middle names for Savannah
The baby name Savannah is so very Southern, as most people think of the coastal city in Georgia when they hear the name. This popular name is a beautiful one and has many middle names that sound perfect for your little girl!
Here are my favorite middle names for Savannah:
- Savannah Belle (very Southern sounding, and a name that means “my beauty”)
- Savannah Claire
- Savannah Eliot (a masculine middle name to balance the feminine first name)
- Savannah Eloise
- Savannah Grace
- Savannah Kate
- Savannah Leigh
- Savannah Lynn
- Savannah Monroe
- Savannah Rose (a very popular middle name combination)
It seems that one-syllable and three-syllable middle names pair best with the baby name Savannah. Although a two-syllable name isn’t out of the question – as Savannah Monroe is on the top 10 list.
I would avoid middle names that end in -a or an -uh sound (such as Savannah Diana). Those seem to have too much of the same ending sound, while there are many other great middle names that roll off the tongue a little better.
One exception is longer names, especially those with Spanish or classically Southern origins.
Of course, that’s just my opinion, and you can choose any cute middle name you like!
I think a contrast of masculine middle names can be really pretty with Savannah, and unique middle names are a good balance with the feminine first name too. I’ll include some of those in the list below.
Other middle names for Savannah
- Savannah Alexis
- Savannah Beth (for you Yellowstone fans)
- Savannah Blair
- Savannah Brooke (two geographical/nature-themed names)
- Savannah Camille
- Savannah Dawn
- Savannah Elizabeth
- Savannah Faith
- Savannah Fay
- Savannah Gray
- Savannah Gwen
- Savannah Hope
- Savannah Isabelle
- Savannah James (a great boys name for feminine/masculine contrast)
- Savannah Jane
- Savannah Jolie
- Savannah Josephine
- Savannah Joy
- Savannah June
- Savannah Kay
- Savannah Lily
- Savannah Loren
- Savannah Louise
- Savannah Mae
- Savannah Margaret
- Savannah Morgan
- Savannah Moon
- Savannah Noelle
- Savannah Parker (another great unisex name)
- Savannah Pearl
- Savannah Piper
- Savannah Quinn
- Savannah Rae
- Savannah River
- Savannah Ruth
- Savannah Sage
- Savannah Summer
- Savannah Taylor
- Savannah Violet
- Savannah Wren
If you’re a newly expecting mom and are thinking about where to register for the best newborn essentials and more, start your baby registry here and check out Amazon’s baby registry welcome box full of useful goodies!
How to choose the perfect middle name
- Check for weird or offensive initials and monograms
- Say and write the full name (first, middle, and last) repeatedly to see how it flows. Repetitive sounds can be good, or they can become a tongue twister!
- Avoid names that have beginning/ending sounds that get lost, such as with Scott Thomas or Amber Rae
- Balance the weight – if you decide on a very long first name or have a long last name, you may want a short middle name. Short first names often go well with longer middle names.
- Mix it up – traditional middle names are great with unique first names, while classic baby names are fun when paired with unusual middle names
- Choose a name that honors a loved one, such as a favorite older relative or family member who has passed
- Consider a family name, a maiden name, or names that reflect your family’s culture and heritage
- Choose a name that has a special meaning to you – even if it isn’t a common name (if celebs can do it with Apple and Blue and North, you can too)
- If you can’t decide on one perfect baby middle name, consider adding a second name and go with your two favorites
- Lastly, Google the name and make sure there isn’t someone infamous with the same name! (Unless you are ok with your baby sharing the name with a criminal, for instance.)
Famous people named Savannah
- Savannah Guthrie, American journalist
- Savannah Outen, American singer
- Savannah Churchill, American singer
- Savanna Samson, actress in adult films (I do not recommend giving your child this name combination!)
Origin and meaning of the name Savannah
Savannah is a pretty name that is typically given to baby girls. It has Spanish origin (the Spanish word for savannah is actually sabana) and means “treeless plain.” Savannah is actually an alternate spelling of savanna, which is what we call the flat tropical grassland areas.
This meaning of Savannah isn’t typically used when choosing girls’ names, but we do think of the name of Savannah when we want a place name — as Savannah is most commonly recognized as the city in Georgia. Savannah is known for its beautiful coastal landscapes, the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, and the famous Forrest Gump scene in one of the city squares.
The name Savannah has been a popular feminine name in the United States for over 100 years, but has somewhat declined since 2017.
According to the Social Security Administration data, Savannah was ranked as the 76th most popular girl’s name in 2022. Babycenter reports that Savannah is currently the 78th most popular girl’s name in 2023 – an increase of 6 places from 2022 (according to their data).
Different ways to spell Savannah
Pronounced “Suh-VAN-nuh”, this popular baby name is usually spelled Savannah but can have different spellings. It is sometimes spelled Savana, Savanna, or other similar variations.
Nicknames for Savannah
Savannah is a longer name that isn’t usually shortened, but it does have a few cute nicknames that I’ve seen:
Other names you may like:
If you’re considering Savannah for your new little one but aren’t 100% decided yet, you may also want to consider these baby girl names. They also make good sister names and twin names:
- Charlotte (another city name in North Carolina)
- Macon (another city name in Georgia)
Which middle name for Savannah is your favorite?
Did you happen to fall in love with one of the suggestions you saw here in this list of names? Or have you considered different middle name ideas that are’t on the list?
I’d love to know! Leave a comment below and share your perfect baby name with me! Good luck with your new bundle of joy!
MEET THE AUTHOR
As a mom of 4 kids (and the oldest of 4 kids herself), Amanda has over 30 years of parenting experience. A former special education teacher, Amanda has a Master’s degree in Special Education and a second M. Ed. in Educational Leadership.
When she’s not working, Amanda enjoys DIY projects, exercising, photography, and long walks through Target.